Here's another lovely EL156 Single Ended Triode Connected tube amplifier that we've made for a local audio enthusiasts, named after the movie Star Wars - Storm-trooper for the black and white color combination!
As what we always do, our designs are always extraordinary and is not done elsewhere. It uses 12SN7 instead of 6SN7 to leverage the availability of inexpensive NOS 12SN7. 6SN7 variants are too expensive as it is being used commercially.
Here are some highlights of Storm-trooper EL156 SE Tube Amplifier
- Level 1 entry level build
- High torque, critically damped, tube rectified pseudo choke input B+ power supply for excellent low frequency response and driver control
- Carefully selected high grade components - optimized tone and body
- Special tweaks at mains input for low noise operation - super dark clean background
- Z11 overspec power transformer and Z11 choke - super dark clean background
- ALIS-5SE MK2 output transformer for excellent low frequency response and decent highs
- 3MM turret board for component mounting - absolute vibration control for components
- Full aluminum chassis - non-magnetic and rust proof, professionally powder coated
- J&K proprietary grounding scheme - zero hum and noise even if ear is placed near high sensitivity speakers (ex: Zu Audio Soul Superfly with 100dB/w/m sensitivity)
- J&K proprietary tuning for mid to low frequency resolution and extension
- Properly isolated and bypassed stage by stage filtration for each amplification stage
Now for some pictures...
|Storm-trooper EL156 Amplifier|
|12SN7 and EL156|
|EI Z11 transformers|
|Shortest path Point-to-Point wiring|
J&K Audio Design