Tuesday, March 26, 2019
Our Toroidal transformer is excellent, but is still not as good as the EI transformer counterpart. We still like to use EI transformer for most of our audio applications but sometimes Toroid / Toroidal transformer is still needed for high power applications or for equipment with limited real-estate, and requires smaller transformer to be used.
We have been researching on this for quite some time and we have finally found several parameters to improve on the Toroidal transformer performance. These brings the Toroid / Toroidal transformer closer to the EI transformer, not 100%, but close enough!
1. Usage of higher grade 0.23mm lamination thickness Toroid / Toroidal core
2. Usage of grain oriented silicon (Hi-B)
3. Laser welded full strip of silicon steel from a full roll to ensure no air-gap present
4. Special formula of Nitrogen / Hydrogen during silicon steel cooling process to improve magnet properties
5. Double shielding technique, 50 (non-potted) and 95% (potted) reduction in magnetic interference
Results? Toroid / Toroidal transformer that works substantially quieter, and sounds absolutely HIFI.
Try it now!
J&K Audio Deign
Level 0: link 1
Level 3: depends on type, size and complexity. Email us for details.
Power-trans: link 1
* Finished amplifiers, DACs, audio gadgets, upgrades and repairs - this is not our core business and we do it out of passion. We do not have fixed models, fixed price and we customize for each individuals. The sky is limit of creativity.
* Our product lines are always improving and increasing. If you do not see what you want, contact us!
* Please email for volume discounts, distributor and OEM pricing.