Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Ultra Isolation Power Transformer
Due to the weak economy (We have not seen good economy before for quite some time! Is such thing as good economy ever exists?) , we have been releasing a few lines of economical, good value for money transformers, such as the Zorro transformers.
Still, our passion, our motto, is still to produce the best possible transformers for audio and industrial use. Our transformers have undergone many generations of evolution (6th generation now if we think of significant improvements. Minor improvements are not accounted), and is getting better, and better, in terms of reliability, mechanical and sound quality.
The 6th Generation Level 3 power transformers now incorporates ultra isolation properties, with the same electrical properties that are available in our ultra isolation transformers (refer this link for more details).
6th Gen Level 3 power transformers properties:
* high quality SiFe transformer core (Hi-B) with high quality OFC magnet wire
* oversized core with fully rated output power
* low temperature rise, no mechanical vibration/hum
* high accuracy in output voltage - further improved from previous
* Precision Wind Technology, with proper wire tension/alignment
* Multi-shield Technology
* Potting is recommended for further mechanical stability and electrical isolation
* OCC (Ohno Continuous Cast) Copper option is available (~15-30% more expensive)
* bifiliar wound for absolute balance on both arms
* Efficient heat transfer technology, for 24 by 7 operation
* Vacuum impregnation - standard
Options / notes:
* multiple primaries can be present at the same time - from 100Va to 260Vac, depends on user's mains voltage, so that they can switch according to incoming level, and adjust the output voltage accordingly
* Output rails limitation - 5 or 6 sets max, the lesser the better
* Lead time may be longer due to the amount of work required to get it right - if you cannot wait, please order from others
User will notice the darker background, noise free and cleaner sound that they get from Gen6 Level 3 power transformers - benefit from pure, clean, EMI/RFI interference free energy transfer. The only drawback to Gen6 Level 3 power transformer is the size. A 100VA transformer will be as large as a 200VA transformer due to the construction methodology. There is NOTHING we can do about the size. That's the price to pay for quality.
One more thing, if you want the best, extreme high quality transformers, you want your design to sound way much better than the rest of the world, look here, and don't complain about the price.. We put all the goodies in to the design, and they never come cheap. Just like you don't expect hawker price on Patek watches. If budget is a great concern to you, get the Zorro or Level 0-1 transformers.
P/S: Usage of Nanocrystalline / amorphous cores on Gen6 Level 3 ultra isolation power transformers
- Not for the moment. Although they are more efficient than HiB or standard cores, the long term mechanical stability and mechanical noise are still a problem for audio usage. For 400Hz power supplies, it should be fine, but for 50-60Hz in household electronics, Nanocrystalline or amorphous cores still have the above problem, that needs further enhancement to function properly in long term.
J&K Audio Design
Level 0: link 1
Level 3: depends on type, size and complexity. Email us for details.
Power-trans: link 1
* Finished amplifiers, DACs, audio gadgets, upgrades and repairs - this is not our core business and we do it out of passion. We do not have fixed models, fixed price and we customize for each individuals. The sky is limit of creativity.
* Our product lines are always improving and increasing. If you do not see what you want, contact us!
* Please email for volume discounts, distributor and OEM pricing.