Toroid transformer winding method is totally different compared to EI or C core transformers as it does not need bobbins and requires machine to do the work right. Investment alone on the automatic winding machine is hefty!
As usual, we only offer high quality cores, and our toroid cores are high quality customized cores from Nippon Steel. Due to the nature of how toroid cores are wind, we highly recommend the toroid transformer to be potted and filled with potting compound to keep it mechanically stable, for sound quality and longer life.
Normal grade toroid transformers rattles and have very obvious noise, especially when it is loaded. This really gives audiophiles a big headache. If you are sensitive to this and want a truly quiet fully rated toroid transformer, this is the one to get.
- <500W toroid transformer is about 130-150mm D x 75-97mm H with cover
- 1200W toroid transformer is about 159mm D x 110mm H with cover.
- 1500W toroid transformer is about 180mm D x 120mm H with cover.
- 2500W toroid transformer is about 210mm D x 120mm H with cover.
When you order, please specify the voltage needed on what conditions - no load, half load or full load. They are built with 24x7 operation in mind - industrial + audiophile grade! All transformers are meticulously tested, with primary being flashed with 4KV for 1 minute.
Nippon Steel cores are quiet on empty or full load. Our design guarantees that it will not make noise at full rated load! We have two types of toroid cores too - flat 90deg and doughnut (smooth O, better) ring (600W, 800W and 1000W only).
- Single ended or balanced isolation transformer
- Power transformers (single ended or balanced) for solid state amplifiers or tube amplifiers (1Vac to 1000Vac)
- 500W - U$200
- 1000W - U$300
- 1500W - U$400
- 2000W - U$500
For those that requires low power applications (<500W), we usually recommend EI or C core transformers. For high power applications (>500W), toroid transformer becomes more economical option to consider. Coupled with the lower stray magnetic field compared to EI or C core, it is something audiophiles should not forget. With the potting and shielding from the case, making a low noise high power solid state amplifier becomes a reality.
If you have been considering to make isolation transformers for your beloved HIFI gears, this is the time to do so! You can use toroid isolation transformers (balanced output if possible - better!) for your power amplifiers, and EI / C core isolation transformers for your low power gadgets like preamplifiers, CD Player or DAC. Each equipment should have their own isolation as the equipment themselves are noise generators too. Having individual isolation transformers serving individual gears will give you much better isolation and much lower noise (darker background) comparing to sharing a same huge isolation transformer.
Now, send us your wish list and we will do it for you! If you have wanted your own isolation transformers similar like those used in BPT, Equitech, Isotek and such, now is the time. You can DIY it yourself, or have us custom make one in a proper chassis for you. An example below is posted for your reference.
- We only supply high quality products and that comes with a price. If you want to search for low cost or negotiate for very low price, please look elsewhere. We cannot satisfy this type of requests.
- High quality products take time to be built. If you want fast delivery, please consider twice before ordering from us. We will provide a lead time estimate upon ordering and we shall try our best to meet it but it is not guaranteed.
J&K Audio Design