J&K Audio Design Tube Amplifier Design Competition
Grand Prize: Level 2
Double C Core
Single Ended Output Transformer (1 pair)
- 300B Single Ended Double C Core Output Transformer - 1 pair
- Primary: 3.5K - 2.5K - P
- Secondary: 8 Ohm - G
- Primary DC: 150mA (200mA max)
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 50kHz @ -1dB
- Powder coated mild steel open frame with double C core (non-potted)
- Level 2 Design with Hitachi Metglas Amorphous C Core
- Retail price is U$1200/pair
- Size 7" x 4" x 6" (HUGE!)
- Weight ~15KG / pair
- Provide us with your full name (as per the identification card, passport, or driving license, for verification use upon claiming the grand prize), email and telephone number for registration and correspondence purposes, before entry period ends.
- Provide us with a detailed write-up of your DIY 300B tube amplifier design (or any other tubes usable with this output transformer) and implementation ideas, with pictures, schematics, calculations and etc before the competition end date stated below.
- Only 100 entries are accepted for this Competition.
- J&K Audio Design shall post up the entries as soon as we can, within our posting capability, usually within a week upon receiving the entries. Kindly send us the entries early to avoid disappointment and have as much time to gather as many "G+1" and Facebook "Likes" as possible.
- Preferred entry format will be in Microsoft Word and JPEG pictures not exceeding 500kB per picture. The entry maximum write-up word count is up to 2000 words, and up to 20 pictures. The entry minimum write-up word count is 500 words, and 5 pictures.
- We shall post the write-up in our blog, and share it in our Facebook page (J&K Audio Design official Facebook page) for all the J&K Audio Design Blogspot and Facebook page followers to "Like" or to click "G+1".
- We recommend the entries to be as exotic, as original, as unique and as interesting as possible to attract more "Likes" and "G+1" in the entry Facebook page and Blogspot page. Participants are welcomed to post valid non-spamming comments on the entry page, re-share the pages on other valid and related platforms to garner attention.
- Spamming is prohibited and will be disqualified. Reckless usage of Facebook share or other platforms share function are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- The entry that collects the most "G+1" and/or the most "Likes" (not emotions or any emoticons) on his entry at our Facebook page and J&K Audio Design Blogspot page will win the grand prize (only 1 grand prize is available!).
- Rule 1 (highest priority, first criteria): the most "G+1" wins
- Rule 2 (G+1 is the same for winning entries): the most Facebook "Likes" wins
- Rule 3 (If G+1 and "Like" are the same for winning entries): the most innovative and original entry wins, as determined by J&K Audio Design staff
- Entry period - 5/6/2016 (6th May 2016) to 6/6/2016 (6th June 2016). Late or incomplete entries will not be entertained.
- Evaluation / competition period - 6/6/2016 (6th June 2016) to 7/6/2016 (6th July 2016). The entries will be audited on 7/6/2016 and winner announced after audit is completed.
- The Winner shall implement his project as stated at his own cost and own free will, and provide another write up after his project is completed within 1 year's time from the posting of the grand prize. Violation of this condition will forfeit his entry rights for future competitions held by J&K Audio Design.
- Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. Copyright content is strictly disallowed. Any materials suspected to violate these 2 conditions will be disqualified and removed at J&K Audio Design full discretion.
- The Winner shall pay the incurred shipping of the grand prize to his residence or designated shipping address.
- Contestants are advised to read the Terms and Conditions below.
Generic Promotion or Competition Rules
- 'J&K Audio Design" means all personnel in J&K Audio, or anyone associated with this Competition / Promotion.
Disqualified participants' are:
- All J&K personnel or their immediate families
- All people under the age of 18 year where any elements in this contest will be illegal to be used or supplied to a person under the age of 18 years
- Competition Rules ('the Rules') apply to all promotions or competitions conducted by any mediums - website, blog, Facebook, print or computer. The Rules may change from time to time
- Entry is limited to 1 per person.
- Entry into the competition is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority to enter the competition.
- No purchase is necessary to win or participate in the competition.
- Winner pays for the shipping to ship the prize to their home residence/office.
- J&K Audio Design reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Competition on reasonable grounds.
- J&K Audio Design reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who J&K Audio Design decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules, gained under unfair advantage in participating in the competition or won using fraudulent means.
- By participating, entrants grant J&K Audio Design exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the competition and for further promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true, and in the case of text or email notification - active, through to and beyond the date of the competition completion.
- Only the person who originally entered the competition can be awarded the prize ("the Winner").
- The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Specific Rules - if not specified then as determined by the promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the Judge.
- The Judge's determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner will be notified by email / snail mail (phone calls if is local) and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by J&K Audio Design. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (eg when the Winner cannot be contacted by email after three attempts or mail sent is returned), the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected (or payment for shipping charges received) within two months of being announced, it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: 3 attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry. )
- The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable, unless the contestant wishes to transfer the prize to a charity of their choice. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner's behalf. In the event that the prize specified in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason, J&K Audio Design may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person, they must provide proper identification (eg driver's license, passport, birth certificate).
- The Winner takes the price entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies J&K Audio Design in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage, or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
- J&K Audio Design reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a competition at any stage, for any reason.
- J&K Audio Design takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Competition due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, Acts of God or otherwise.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, J&K Audio Design will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
- Participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited.