The amazing part of this 3io's Black box is, it works, very obviously, as soon as you connect it to your equipment ground. Once you have it connected, you will NEVER be able to take it down again. It is an outcome of ages of experimentation and listening test, after rested multiple materials, to arrive at the best formula.
Decompression of soundstage, especially with dynamic complex music. Deepens the depth. Increase the strengths.
More analogue, more feelings. Reduce sibilance.
Darker background. Darker black. Quieter quite passages. More details.
Absorb EMI/RIF and improve the SNR of the system.
Note: some systems will have more and some will have lesser effects, depending on the "health" of the existing system.
- Recommended - screw tight on chassis (remember to connect electrically as most chassis are anodized and insulated). It is best to have all equipment in the system connected to the BlackBox.
- Ground your anti-electrostatic brushes to increase the effects.
- Connect to the ground pin or negative pole of your speaker outputs (if it is not bridged operation).
- If your gears are high powered complex electronics, sometimes several BlackBoxes will bring better effects by paralleling several units to a single equipment.
- Connect it on your wall socket ground pin near your HIFI system.
- Connect it near your noise generating equipment - fan, TV, microwave, fridge to prevent noise from propagating further to other places.
- Try with different points on your system to get the optimal effect.
- Try with different cables, clips and spades - the higher quality, the better the effect.
- If you cannot locate any ground posts or grounded screws, try clipping it on the RCA exterior connector or metal shield of the USB port.
- IT NEEDS RUNNING IN! It takes about 10 days to stabilize. The effects will vary within the first few days of running it. Please bare with it for 1 week or so.
- It reduces the electrostatic charges/potential, giving the chassis and ground plane a regulated potential.
- It reduces the free electrons floting around the ground plane, causing lesser effects to the micro-electrical currents.
- Q: Do I still need it if I have active or passive filters on my mains?
- A: Yes. This is not a filter.
- Q: If I have a mains filter, how should I connect it?
- A: 1 - connect it on your equipment ground directly. 2 - connect it before and after the mains filter.
- Q: What is the effects of paralleling the BlackBox?
- A: It strengthens the effect. Do note that there shall be an optimal quantity for your gears. Try to increase it 1 by 1 until it brings negative effect, then step down 1 unit to reach the optimal quantity.
- Q: Will it restrict the dynamics?
- A: No. It is connected in parallel. It is not in the direct signal or energy flow path. It does not change the flow of signals.
- It does not and cannot replace the ground / Earth line.
- It needs running in and settling down.
- It does not need to be discharged or energized.
- Connect to the dedicated ground post of your equipment for best effects.
J&K Audio Design