We've received a question from our followers: "You have so many types of transformers. Which one sounds the best? Can you let me know the ranking to make my purchase decision easier?" We hear you. So, this is what we rank our transformers from top down:
- Sound ratings
- Precision Series
- Vintage Series / Value Line
- Miniwatt Series
- Core ratings
- New Japanese amorphous C Core / Recycled British amorphous C Core
- Laser etched silicon iron C Core
- Normal silicon iron C Core
- Z6 - Z9 - Z10 - Z11 EI Core
- Silver wires
- Silver plated wires (depending on applications)
- Copper wires
- Some combinations will not be available - ex: Precision Series on British amorphous C Core. Pleas email for more information.
- Precision Series - created by 30+ years true master winder, combining theory, practical, and high tech test & measurement equipment.
- Vintage Series - created by 30+ years master winder, following the old school method of transformer making.
- Miniwatt, Value Line - created for the best balance of performance and price.
Pick your poison!
J&K Audio Design
14 MAR 2013